Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ended up creating a new hybrid IM client

Quite interesting. With all so many IM clients out their one would have thought that for me test my hybrid Unified Comm. server I could use on these IM clients to test my stuff. but a rude awakening, couldn't find anything that really fit the bill and hence after some deliberation ended up developing a IM client in Python to do stuff that I needed to do. The plethora of these open source tools start out being lean and then end up becoming a monolithic piece of software that can't be used. I have had the same experience with the existing open source SIP servers as well as Ejabberd.
So made up my mind that I will continue on my path of developing a light weight gateway for SIP and XMPP that I can use for my stuff.
Comments!
SG

No comments: