Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

Erlang as a development platform for Unified Communication software system

Of lately I have been playing around with Erlang quite a bit. It came out Ericson's telecomm scalability and more importantly availability effort. Dr. Joe Armstrong has been the master-mind behind this programming platform. Having a deep interest in Unified Communication and applications of Voice and Presence related platform, I have seriously been thinking about Erlang rather that C++ (which has been my dev-language for a long time). It needs a very different thinking process to work/develop in Erlang. Concurrency and availability has been my primary attention points for the telecomm environment. Would love to hear what people with first-hand experience have to say about it.
I am thinking and learning more and more so please comment on ;-)

SG

No comments: